Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ode to 1099s and W-2s

Oh, how I dislike thee so.......

It's that time of year again. I used to love the first of the year because it was when I could file my taxes and get a little bonus money, however it's bitter sweet now. I still love the "bonus" the government gives back to me, but I so hate doing 1099s and dealing with issues regarding W-2s.

It's a pain going through all of the payables for the year and determining what is and what isn't "1099-able". I must admit that I enjoy my job and I'm grateful for it. My boss and the girl I work with are great people!

Next time you have to deal with someone who prepares either of these government documents for you, please please be kind. They are working hard and are just as frustrated as you are (most of the time anyway).

Oh and by the way, please keep my co-worker in your prayers over these next few weeks. She's going through the IVF process. It's been a long time coming and I'm praying that they have a healthy baby this year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment