Monday, January 4, 2010

A year in review and here's to a new year......

Well, 2009 has been quite eventful to say the least. We purchased a house this year, we took a trip to Texas and Josh got to meet my "Texas Family". We made some wonderful friends at our church, then our friends moved away. It was very sad for Josh and I, but at the same time it was exciting to see the new paths God was preparing for our friends. We also experienced a miscarriage in 2009. While this was a terrible thing to go through, I really feel like God is showing us every day how to move past the sadness. This is not to say that I'm never sad or that I never feel depressed, but I have come to see God in a different way through the sadness. He brought me through an incredibly difficult time and helped me to recover emotionally and physically. Josh and I have grown closer to each other and our families this year.

To start the new year we are doing a 21 day fast at our church. Last year I gave up sweets and overall it was pretty easy. I still had cravings, but it wasn't something I couldn't handle. This year I wanted to make sure that this fast was something that would "cost" me something. I wanted it to be a challenge, though not quite as challenging as the Daniel Fast. I decided to give up all sugar, other than fruits, and caffeine and soda. I'm also waking up 20 minutes earlier so I can spend that time in prayer without any distractions. I normally pray while I'm doing my hair/makeup and in the car, but these 20 minutes are completely devoted to my Lord:) I do have to pray that He'll help me to stay awake:) I'm believing for a few things this year; these are my top 5 requests, though I have many more. I'm starting the year off right by fasting and letting God know what I'm believing Him for this year. He has already been so good to us, and I'm excited to see the exceeding and abundant blessing.

1. I want to know the Lord in a completely new way, I want to know His voice better
than ever, I want to walk in His will wholeheartedly.
2. A completely whole, healthy, and happy baby for Josh and I, for my cousin and his wife, and for my co-worker.
3. Financial blessing for Josh in his career.
4. Provision for me to be a stay-at-home-mom.
5. Salvation for our unsaved family members.

Here's to another year, I pray that all who read this are encouraged and blessed. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment