Friday, February 26, 2010

My Husband- the not so good:)

First of all please know that I love my husband very much and I love writing about how wonderful he is, but I need to vent about him today. Tomorrow will probably be sweet things, but today he makes me crazy:)

So, after I write the sweet things about my husband in my last post he goes and angers me beyond belief. I'm a woman, so there are certain times of the month when I am incredibly emotional and these are the times my husband drives me crazy! We have this long going battle- I tickle him and he hates it and he scares me and I hate it. He is constantly sneaking up on me and scaring me. I make it pretty easy, so he thoroughly enjoys himself. I've even cried because he has scared me and still he does it. Now my tickling him is not like you think. I love to lay my head on his chest and wrap my arm around him and I just lightly brush him on his side with my hand. Sometimes I do it without even thinking, totally not on purpose. The other day I was tickling him and he said, "I'm going to get you back, I'm going to scare you". Of course he doesn't do it that night when I'm prepared for it, he waits for days to go by and scared me this morning. I was livid!! I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that he knows I hate it and yet he goes out of his way to do it. I know there are times where he accidentally scares me, but this was on purpose to get back at me. So of course, we have an all out argument and some how, it is my fault he HAD to scare me. We're husband and wife not brothers or just friends that play and get back at each other. I need to do better about remembering this. He'll do something to me, like lick my cheek or flick me and I'll tell him that I have to get him back for doing that. Those things are nothing like when he scares me. I can't even express to you how much I hate it!! I know sometimes it can be funny and we'll both laugh, but not today. Today you messed with the wrong girl.

I had to leave for work so we didn't get to resolve our issue. I hate that too. And I'm 99% sure that Josh will call me at lunch and act like nothing happened. He can be totally over it and I'm still so angry I could cry! I am always the one who has to go to him to get resolution and for once it would be nice for him to come to me. For him to say, "I'm sorry" and mean it, no sarcasm, not saying it because he's obligated or to keep the peace, but to truly mean it. This would be the apology of my dreams "I'm sorry for scaring you this morning. I'm going to work on not seeking out opportunities to scare you. I would also really appreciate if you would try to remember that I do not like when you tickle me." Now how hard is that? I know, it's probably pretty hard for him to think like that but I can dream:)

So girls, I'm feeling emotional and a little crazy (I'll admit it). I don't like feeling like my hormones are in control and I wish there was some warning light or siren that would go off to alert my husband. How cool would that be if we had some type of alert to let our men know that they better not mess with us? I think Josh would like that too, he'd be in trouble a whole lot less:)

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya girl! Not about the scaring, but my husband does things that totally get on my nerves on purpose. I think with my hormones out of wack I don't react in the nicest way. I know my husband is also over things pretty quickly and probably wouldn't think to apologize later because he has already forgotten about it and moved on. Maybe you'll get a big boquet of flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete