Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Husband



Today is Valentine's Day and I wanted to take a moment to say how thankful I am for my husband. He puts up with me when I'm crazy (I totally admit there are times when I can be hormonal), he is such a handy man, he is my rock and I know I can turn to him when I'm feeling down, he loves the Lord and that is probably the most important thing.

Over this past weekend we went to a marriage conference at our church. I was a little skeptical of going to a marriage conference and only being married 3 1/2 years. I picture old people who are fighting or on the verge of divorce going to marriage conferences. We had such a great time at the conference. I didn't even mind getting up early on Saturday to go to the morning session (not to mention I knew who was cooking breakfast and I knew I wouldn't want to miss that). At the end of the conference, on Saturday afternoon, we did a group vow renewal. I still cried just like the first time we said the vows. I couldn't even look in Josh's eyes without crying:) It was an awesome time of renewal and a time to learn more about each other.

Here's to a great marriage, one filled with love and respect.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...love and respect are key. We are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend to reconnect. =)

    ReplyDelete