Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bible Study

So, I went to my regular Tuesday night Bible Study last night. I have to admit that I was beginning to feel like this Bible Study wasn't for me. It was a little discouraging because everyone else would say how much they loved it and I was like, really? Well last night was for me. Kay Arthur was speaking and she really hit home. I know we all sin and we all ask forgiveness, but I sometimes don't realize what I'm doing is sin. For example, obviously lying is sin. Would you consider not trusting God as sin? I would have said it wasn't sit before last night, but Kay Arthur said that not having faith in God is sin. I sort of cringed when she said that. That really hit home. I've been struggling with faith for years. It's something I've never felt like I've mastered. I don't know if you ever do, but I know God has been trying to speak to me about having complete faith in Him, even when I don't understand what is going on.

I got home and told my husband about all I had learned and he too was a little surprised at what I had learned. Who thinks of sin like that? We all know murder, stealing, lying, etc. are sins, but not having faith? And then to top it all off Kay says that when we sin, we despise God and His Word. WOAH! I don't know what I signed up for, but it was not this:) This just gives a whole new look to what sin looks like to me. It was definitely a wake up call and I haven't had one of those in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment