Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What a Wonderful Christmas

Well, Josh and I had a truly wonderful Christmas! God is so good!!

This year I was determined to create some traditions of our own. I wanted to make homemade cinnamon rolls, but they ended up being "semi-homemade". I used puff pastry instead of making my own dough. I didn't have much time Christmas Eve to get the dough taken care of. We went to church on Christmas Eve and then went to my parents' house to open gifts. We normally don't open gifts on Christmas Eve, but we did this year because my mom was inviting other people over for Christmas dinner. I was so excited to get a new digital camera. I've been wanting one for some time, but holding out because I didn't want to spend the money on it:) We both got some other great gifts. I love watching other people open gifts and taking pictures of them!

Christmas day we started off by opening our gifts to each other and then we took my wonderful cinnamon rolls over to Josh's parents' house. We opened gifts there with Josh's family and it was so much fun. At the Harris house, there are so many gifts and we hardly all fit in the room but I love that. I had such a great time hanging out with them and watching everyone open their gifts. I love that there are a lot of people in a small space enjoying each other. It's different than opening gifts at my parents' house. Not better, just different. I told my mother-in-law that I had such a great time with them. I know that God is helping to love Josh's family more and more. It's hard when you get married and then you have to share your time between two families or sometimes more. I told Josh a few weeks ago that if we have a baby next year I didn't want to go to each family's house and open gifts, but now I'm thinking twice about that. I want our child to experience two different "types" of Christmas. I say that now, but who knows, when we have a baby I may want to just stay home!

We've had so many people say to us that 2010 is going to be a year of growth for our family and I'm standing on that! I want to see my family grow. I want there to be a healthy baby with us next Christmas! I know and I pray that we will be blessed with a little Josh or Michelle in God's time. I know that ultimately He knows what is best for us. I've come to realize that His plan is definitely not always my plan, but I'm waiting on Him and leaning on Him. I remember praying when we first got married that He would place the desire to have children on my heart when the time was right for us. I have the desire to be a mom and I know that Josh has the desire to be a dad. I'm looking forward to 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment