Monday, November 30, 2009

My First Thanksgiving- cooking that is

I thought I should say a little something about my first Thanksgiving. By my first Thanksgiving I mean my first time cooking and entertaining the family. We originally were only going to cook the turkey, but because Josh's mom got sick we ended up cooking quite a bit. Overall it turned out pretty good. We had both families at our house and I was worried about Josh's 83 year old grandpa getting around and having a comfortable place to sit. There wasn't anything for me to worry about, everything turned out really good. There was one person who was invited and had quite the opinion on everything and just irritated me, but as long as I avoided this person and/or stayed positive I was fine. Josh grilled the turkey on the grill. He has a picture on his phone that I'll have to post. It was beautiful! I'm surprised that it fit on the grill because it was 23lbs. I think after this experience, that I'll give it a try again. It kinda helped that it was a last minute change and I wasn't able to think about it for weeks and try to figure everything out.

Josh was awesome! Can I just say that I have an amazing husband, he makes me so happy and when I'm feeling overwhelmed he says just the right thing to make me feel better. I love him so much and I've come to love him even more because of his support during our miscarriage. He has become such a wonderful spiritual leader in our home.

On a bit of a sad note, our friends Jake and Rachel are leaving tomorrow to move to Portland. I will miss them so much. They have helped Josh and I to feel so welcome in their home and we've grown so attached to them. I hate to see them go, but I know that God has called them to Portland and so they must go. I've been praying for our "Portland Friends" to have provision, wisdom, health, and direction in their new journey. I can't wait to hear all the wonderful things that God is going to do in their lives. I know Josh will really miss hanging out with Jake. I was kinda surprised how quickly they became friends, but I had been praying for great friends for Josh and I. I know that God will bring new great friends into our lives, but at the same time there is sadness as the Goras leave. We love you and will miss you Jake, Rachel, and Isreal. You mean so much to us and we have been so blessed by your friendship!

2 comments:

  1. We miss you terribly! You guys are wonderful and we are praying that God brings great friends into your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I am still praying and thinking about y'all. Praying for strength and courage to embrace the joy of the holiday season.

    Love,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete